Phone System Do’s and Don’ts
There are so many different ways to approach the professional greetings for your phone system. Here are our Do’s and Don’ts.
Do’s for Your Greetings
- Keep your greetings short and to the point, the quicker the caller gets to a human being the better
- Start by stating your appreciation for your clients call or business
- Provide alternatives such as a website address or email address to empower the caller
- Write scripts as if you’re speaking, you don’t want to come across as too formal
Don’t for Your Greetings
- Don’t promote your website unless there is something of value to offer
- Don’t use someone with an accent if it isn’t appropriate for your business
- Don’t make up a slogan or tagline if you don’t market one day to day
- Don’t write anything longer than two or three sentences.
Leave a Comment